MILITARY KEEPS NIGERIANS IN DARK ON ABDUCTED MAJOR

Over one week after bandits broke into Nigeria’s elite military institution, the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA), killed two officers and abducted a senior military officer, the Military High Command has continued to keep Nigerians in the dark over the fate of the abducted Major Christopher Datong.

Few days after the attack, there were insinuations that the attackers made contact with the military and demanded a N200 million ransom, while there were also reports that the abducted officer had been killed.

When asked on the whereabouts of the kidnapped Major at a press briefing at the Defence Headquarters, Abuja, on Thursday, Brig.-Gen. Benard Onyeuko, Acting Director of Defence Media Operations, said the military would keep Nigerians posted.

“That has been over flogged, we all know the actions taken so far. We will wait for the outcome of the panel set up and the board of enquiry, we will keep you posted on that,” he said.

0 thoughts on “Military Keeps Nigerians In Dark On Abducted Major”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *