News

INSECURITY: TINUBU SURRENDERING TO TERRORISTS?

Under the APC-led Tinubu Administration, Nigerians have witnessed, especially in the last week, a spate of kidnappings in different states (25 students in Kebbi and 315 students and staff in Niger) in Northern Nigeria. Each of these kidnappings leaves a trail of sorrows, tears, blood, fear, and deep anguish on the families of those affected and their communities. In response, …

Read More »

NNAMDI KANU REJECTS LIFE SENTENCE, CALLS FOR JUSTICE REVIEW, THANKS SUPPORTERS —BROTHER, KANUNTA

Kanunta Kanu, one of the brothers of the recently jailed leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu, tweeted on Sunday that Prince Emmanuel Kanu and Dr. Maxwell Opara had met with the IPOB leader at the Sokoto Medium Security Prison. On Friday, President Bola Tinubu’s government transferred Kanu from the Department of State Services (DSS) facility in …

Read More »

IS NIGERIA CURSED, OR ARE WE THE CURSE? – PETER OBI

The past 10 days in Nigeria have witnessed unprecedented negative news, a level of chaos, insecurity, and institutional decay that should trouble the conscience of all the leaders. Our country is now going through troubling times, not by fate, but by our collective leadership failures that allow insecurity, lawlessness, and institutional decay to thrive. Each day confronts us with a …

Read More »

YORUBA GROUP REJECTS U.S. MILITARY INTERVENTION IN NIGERIA, CALLS ON YORUBA PEOPLE TO DEFEND THEIR LAND AGAINST EXTREMISTS

A Yoruba socio-political group, the Yoruba Revolutionary Movement (YOREM), has condemned any form of U.S. military intervention in Nigeria and warned against what it describes as internal extremist colonisation of Yorubaland. The group also called on all Yoruba people, at home and abroad, to rise in defence of their ancestral lands. In the statement, Comrade Wale Balogun, National Coordinator of …

Read More »

WITHDRAWAL OF POLICE FROM VIPS MAY END UP AS MERE STATEMENT – SHEHU SANI

Former Kaduna Central senator, Comrade Shehu Sani, has described the planned withdrawal of police officers guarding Very Important Persons (VIPs) as a good decision given the country’s growing security challenges. Nigeria has recently witnessed renewed violence, including repeated Boko Haram attacks on military and civilians in Borno, and bandit raids in Kebbi, Niger, Kwara and Bauchi States. Amid the rising …

Read More »

TINUBU WITHDRAWS POLICEMEN PROTECTING VIPS

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has ordered the withdrawal of police officers currently providing security for Very Important Persons (VIPs) in the country. This was disclosed by Bayo Onanuga, Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy in a statement on Sunday. Onanuga said henceforth, police authorities will deploy them to concentrate on their core police duties. He said the …

Read More »

U.S. CONGRESS BACKS TRUMP’S CALL FOR MILITARY ACTION IN NIGERIA, SECURES 285 VOTES OUT OF 383

In a dramatic and historic vote late Friday night, the United States Congress overwhelmingly backed President Donald J. Trump’s push for possible military intervention in Nigeria, with 285 members voting in favour out of 383 total votes cast in a special joint session. The resolution gives the President authority to use targeted military force against armed groups accused of carrying …

Read More »

PDP REJECTS MASS CLOSURE OF SCHOOLS, ASKS TINUBU TO RESIGN IF OVERWHELMED

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has criticised the recent closure of schools by the Federal Government and some state governments in response to escalating kidnappings, warning that such actions could inadvertently advance the objectives of terrorists. Speaking at a press conference in Abuja on Sunday, the National Publicity Secretary of the party, Comrade Ini Ememobong, said: “If the schools are …

Read More »

50 ABDUCTED NIGER CATHOLIC SCHOOL STUDENTS ESCAPE, REUNITE WITH FAMILIES — CAN

At least 50 students kidnapped at the St Mary’s Catholic School, Papiri, Agwara local government, Niger State have allegedly escaped and reunited with their parents, bringing hope to families of the abducted victims. Recall on November 21,2025 armed bandits stormed the school and abducted 303 students and 12 teachers bringing the total to 315. The state Chairman of the Christian …

Read More »
Sahifa Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.