BENUE GOVERNOR ALIA DENIES PLOT TO DUMP APC FOR ADC

The Benue State Government has dismissed a circulating report alleging that Governor Hyacinth Iormem Alia intends to leave the All Progressives Congress (APC) after a purported “secret meeting” with Senator Iyorchia Ayu, describing the claim as a baseless fabrication. In a statement issued on Wednesday by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Tersoo Kula, the government labelled the story …

Read More »

WE WILL REMOVE THIS INCOMPETENT APC IN 2027, SAME WAY WE REMOVED PDP – EL-RUFAI

Former Kaduna State Governor, Malam Nasir El‑Rufai, has officially joined the African Democratic Congress (ADC), declaring his commitment to a coalition strategy aimed at unseating Bola Ahmed Tinubu and the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in 2027. El-Rufai made the declaration while formally registering as a member of the African Democratic Congress (ADC), signaling the consolidation of a coalition strategy …

Read More »

COMBINE MILITARY FORCE WITH NEGOTIATION WHEN DEALING WITH BANDITS – AREWA FORUM

The Chairman of the Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF), Bashir Dalhatu, has urged the President Bola Tinubu-led Nigerian government to adopt a dual strategy of negotiation and military force in the fight against banditry and terrorism. He warned that the current approach is not delivering sustainable results. Speaking on Arise Television on Friday, Dalhatu said northern Nigeria could benefit from a …

Read More »

DSS INVITES DATTI BABA-AHMED OVER ALLEGED INCITEFUL REMARKS AGAINST NIGERIAN STATE

The Department of State Services (DSS) on Friday invited the founder of Baze University, Senator Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed for sustaining views perceived as inciting against the Nigerian State, a security source has disclosed. Sources told Zagazola Makama that there has been growing concerns over the Baba-Ahmed’s recent public remarks on various media platforms, especially those bordering on his claims of …

Read More »

ONOH KICKS AGAINST NON-INCLUSION OF SOUTH EAST IN AMBASSADORIAL LIST

Denge Josef Onoh, chairman of the forum of former members of Enugu State House of Assembly and former South East spokesman to President Bola Tinubu, has addressed the recent nomination of three non-career ambassadors by President Tinubu, announced for confirmation by the Senate. The nominees are Ambassador Ayodele Oke (Oyo State, Yoruba), Retired Colonel Lateef Kayode Are (Ogun State, Yoruba), …

Read More »

MALAMI FACES PROBE OVER FIVE SUSPICIOUS MEGA DEALS UNDER HIS WATCH

Abubakar Malami, former attorney-general of the federation (AGF), will be questioned over at least five suspicious transactions during his time in office, TheCable understands. Five of the transactions under investigation, TheCable learnt, are: The mysterious payment of $496 million to Global Steel Holdings Ltd (GSHL) as settlement for the termination of the Ajaokuta Steel concession nine years after the Indian …

Read More »

WE’RE YET TO ESTABLISH CONTACT ON GUNMEN WHO ABDUCTED NIGER SCHOOL PUPILS – CATHOLIC BISHOP

The Catholic Bishop of Kontagora Diocese and Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) in Niger State, Bulus Yohanna, has revealed that authorities have still not established any contact with the armed men who abducted hundreds of pupils and teachers from St Mary’s Catholic School, Papiri, in Agwara Local Government Area. “So far, we have not had any contact …

Read More »

JONATHAN NARRATES ORDEAL FOLLOWING GUINEA-BISSAU COUP

The former President returned to Abuja on Thursday following his evacuation from Guinea-Bissau after a military coup. He landed at Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport after being airlifted from Guinea-Bissau in the wake of the takeover. He thanked the President of Ivory Coast and President Bola Tinubu of Nigeria for sending planes to lift him from Bissau. Jonathan had been in …

Read More »

WHY I FEEL GUINEA-BISSAU COUP WAS STAGED – JONATHAN

Former President Goodluck Jonathan has dismissed military intervention in Guinea-Bissau, demanding announcement of Sunday’s election. How a group of military officers claimed “total control” of the country, a day after two leading candidates – President Umaro Sissoco Embalo and Fernando Dias – each declared victory. Calling themselves the “High Military Command for the Restoration of Order”, the officers ordered the …

Read More »

TINUBU GOVT HAS FAILED TO PROTECT NIGERIANS, INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY SHOULD STEP IN — OBASANJO

Former Nigerian president, Olusegun Obasanjo, has criticised President Bola Tinubu’s administration, declaring that Nigerians have the right to seek help from the international community since the government has failed in its primary duty of protecting citizens. Obasanjo spoke in Jos, Plateau State, during a public programme, where he lamented the worsening killings across the country and the government’s inability to …

Read More »
Sahifa Theme License is not validated, Go to the theme options page to validate the license, You need a single license for each domain name.